Monday, April 20, 2009

Hey, that's me!

I apologize for the lack of output lately. I should have more time to write going forward, though, so I promise -- soon you'll long for the days when I was so quiet...

Anyway, just because I haven't been blogging much doesn't mean I haven't been paying attention to the news. By now, I'm sure you've all heard about the warnings given to police ahead of the April 15 Tea Parties to warn about "rightwing extremist activity":
The Department of Homeland Security is warning law enforcement officials about a rise in "rightwing extremist activity," saying the economic recession, the election of America's first black president and the return of a few disgruntled war veterans could swell the ranks of white-power militias....

Wow -- that sounds serious!

Of course, in order to protect ourselves from these domestic terrorists, we need to be able to detect them. Fortunately, the DHS provides some guidance. From a footnote in the report:
Rightwing extremism in the United States can be broadly divided into those groups, movements, and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups), and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration.

Oh, crap. That's me! Save yourselves, people -- run for your lives!!

Funny, I don't feel like a terrorist...

2 Comments:

Blogger W.B. Picklesworth said...

I'll keep an eye on you (and your toothpaste!)

April 21, 2009 at 9:28 AM  
Blogger Mr. D said...

I knew you were trouble. I just knew it.

April 21, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home