Thursday, May 7, 2009

Silent No More: Valerie

This is the story of Valerie, who spoke as a member of Silent No More Minnesota at the state capitol in January 2005. As she tells it, the abortion provider actually took Valerie's "choice" away from her along with her baby.

Click to hear Valerie's story


Transcript:
My name is Valerie. I stand here because twenty five years ago, I made the wrong choice, and then I didn’t get a choice. And that is why I am speaking out, so that others who are thinking about abortion will not make the same mistake.

Going into the abortion clinic, I allowed myself to be put into a position of my choice being taken away. After the IV was in place, I began to cry. I changed my mind about having the abortion. The nurse ran out. The doctor came in in a consoling manner and said, "It will be all over soon," and he injected something into the IV tube.

When I woke from the suction D&C, I was sobbing. They tried to tell me it was the anesthesia, but I knew it was because I had murdered my baby in what should have been the safest place in the world -- my womb.

I ended up with a staph infection from the "safe and simple procedure" that led me to hemorrhage and in and out of the hospital. Then, eleven months later, they had to take my uterus, because of the chronic pain and bleeding. I was only twenty four.

I found the forgiving grace of God. I still mourn the loss of my baby. I'll look up to heaven, and I'll ask Jesus to hold my baby and to kiss my baby. I ask God to comfort me. The hardest thing has been to forgive myself, and still the healing goes on. And that is why I am Silent No More.

Valerie's story is given here with the permission of Silent No More Minnesota. To obtain a copy, please contact SNMM and consider donating to their cause. Their message is powerful and one that more women need to hear before they have an abortion.

Contact info
Website: http://www.silentnomoremn.org/
Phone: 763-536-8800
Email: annmarie@silentnomoremn.org

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home