Monday, June 15, 2009

Silent No More: Angela

This is the story of Angela, who spoke as a member of Silent No More Minnesota at the state capitol in January 2005. Because she made the wrong choice 20 years ago, she missed out on her one and only chance to have a child.

Click to hear Angela's story


Transcript:
My name is Angela, and only by the grace of God do I stand before you today. It was twenty years ago when I found out I was pregnant. I was unmarried and caught in a very emotionally abusive relationship. I was afraid and unsure of what I should do.

My boyfriend and I went to the abortion clinic. He was not against me having an abortion. Two hundred dollars was the price I paid for my child's life. No one at the abortion clinic offered any information about another choice for me to make. After all, it was only cells. I believed them.

After all, it was just a medical procedure, after which life would go on as if I had never been pregnant. It was not to be a big deal. No one would have to know. And is not this the same message the abortion industry is saying today? Just be a well-adjusted individual, and stuff this into the recesses of your mind, and go on as if nothing ever happened.

But can one ever forget they were pregnant? What they forgot to mention was those cells had arms and legs. Those cells had a face, eyes, and a mouth. What they forgot to mention was the excruciatingly physical pain I would go through during the abortion process, something I will never forget.

What they forgot to mention was the turmoil that would follow. One can have an abortion, and it will terminate your pregnancy, but it will not terminate your memories completely or remove from your mind your child, the one you could be holding now. What they failed to mention is that you can never go back and undo what you have done.

And they do not tell you that this baby may be the only child you will ever conceive. For Christina Rose, my only child, who instead of being able to rest in my arms today, rests in heaven. For her, I remain Silent No More.

I want people to know that women and men do suffer from abortion and to let you know that if you have had an abortion, you are not alone in the regret and that there are ways to find healing that you need from that pain. More and more women and men are seeking help for that pain. If you are out there right now thinking of having an abortion, please look into other options, for I would never wish this pain and suffering that I have gone through on anyone.

And even though by the grace of God, through Jesus and the Holy Spirit, I have found healing, I still live with the regret of having aborted my only child. I cannot count the number of tears I have shed. For the face of every baby, child, and teenager that I look into mirrors back to me the fact that I did make the wrong choice twenty years ago, and I wish it had not been an option. Thank you.

Angela's story is given here with the permission of Silent No More Minnesota. To obtain a copy, please contact SNMM and consider donating to their cause. Their message is powerful and one that more women need to hear before they have an abortion.

Contact info
Website: http://www.silentnomoremn.org/
Phone: 763-536-8800
Email: annmarie@silentnomoremn.org



Previous:
  • Silent No More: Chuck

  • Silent No More: Deb

  • Silent No More: Colleen

  • Silent No More: Tina

  • Silent No More: Valerie

  • But what about the women?
  • Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home